'Green Skincare for a Greener Future'
Botani is passionate about green beauty and we have been applying green chemistry principles since 2003, from sourcing raw materials to the manufacturing process, right through to our recyclable packaging to the finished products which are plant-based, efficacious, and science-backed.
Botani has always believed in being transparent and ethical, putting people, animals, and the environment first by strictly using natural ingredients that are biodegradable, organic, and sustainable.
What Is Green Chemistry?
The green chemistry philosophy involves removing hazardous ingredients that are toxic to the environment and human health from the manufacturing of raw materials.
This means abolishing the process of sourcing cosmetic ingredients from fossil fuels and instead obtaining these ingredients from vegetable and botanical sources with the goal of reducing environmental impacts such as gas emissions and waste.
Green chemistry eliminates synthetic fragrances and preservatives, sources ingredients from natural origins that are non-GMO, and ensures that materials are obtained using sustainable harvesting that prevents deforestation, protects biodiversity, and prevents animal cruelty.
What is Green Beauty ?
Green beauty places an emphasis on environmental friendliness and not causing any harm to the environment or human health, and green beauty brands are eco-friendly, sustainable, and socially responsible.
Not only does this entail sourcing ingredients that are safe for you and the environment, but also embedding this ethos at the core of everything we do.
- To optimise each product’s performance, our team ensures:
- The correct blend of ingredients is used to treat the specific skin condition/skin type
- That each formula contains the right blend/proportion/ratio of antioxidants; active/cell-communicating
ingredients; nourishing oils and anti-irritants.
- The ingredients work well with each other; synergistically
- The ingredients are present in the ideal quantities/concentration levels
- The formula is in the correct environment (pH) for optimum effectiveness
- That only the best ingredients are used for the ultimate benefit of your skin health, inconsiderate of high raw
material costs or difficulty in sourcing
Our products are safety tested and certified. Our tests include but are not limited to:
Establishes the use-by-date of the product.
Ensures product integrity and safety for consumers.
Ensures the maintenance of quality for the designated life of the product.
vulnerable to free radical damage, dehydration and premature ageing. This innovative, multipurpose skin-biocompatible product is suitable for all skin types and conditions, with Squalene being as vital to skin as water is to life.
Microbiological Efficacy TestingThese microbiological tests determine the number of organisms killed in a given time and allows for the comparison of products in order to determine the most effective product or formulation (efficacy).
- Determines antimicrobial performance
- The spectrum of activity (range of organisms killed)
- Kinetics of activity (time or speed of kill)
- Bacteriostatic / Bactericidal activity (inhibit or kill microorganisms)
- Quality and Purity Testing of raw materials
Preservative Efficacy TestingDetermines the suitability of the preservative for the formulation. Ensures the preservative is active and maintains performance for the life of the product. Protects the product from spoilage and contamination from bacteria and mould.
Quality Control TestingAll production batches are tested to ensure that they meet stringent product specifications and quality. Botáni products are manufactured to comply with the standards of Good Manufacturing Practic es (GMP). All Botani skincare products are formulated using pure, premium botanical extracts, aromatic essences and healing oils. Pure plant humectants, emollients, natural preservatives and emulsifiers form the bases of each formulation guaranteeing safety consistently.
Our Expert Team
100% Vegan Certified