We are at times questioned about organic certification and whether our products are organic. You may not be aware that many organisations in Australia offer certification and all have a different set of requirements that constitute “organic”. Currently, there is no regulatory body in this field to ensure there are standard and consistent regulations.We use many wonderful ingredients that happen to be certified organic (by Eco Cert, Australian Certified Organic and Organic Food Chain Australia), however we also source excellent quality raw ingredients from smaller providers of wildly-grown botanicals that are grown ‘organically’ however have not obtained certification due to cost / lack of resources.Also, we like to be transparent. We want our customers to understand how it works. If a cosmetic is ‘water based’, up to 70% of it may actually be water. Did you know that water as an ingredient, cannot be classified as organic. Therefore, if your product is 70% water, you would expect that the remaining 30% is organic. If you’re interested in finding out more details on organic certification, we encourage you to read a very informative article written by Derio Comar, who has over 35 years experience as a microbiologist and industrial chemist.