Being in the skincare business, we know skin. Our expert Naturopath and Herbalist, Barbara Filokastas has formulated each product to soothe, hydrate, heal and protect your skin from common skin problems.
Using an innovative blend of legendary herbs, modern superfoods and our favourite ingredient, olive squalene, each product target a specific skin concern. Today, we want to chat about your top skin problems and give you expert solutions.
Dehydrated skin is a common skin problem. We all get dry, rough or even flaky skin sometimes. Before you hit the skin products too hard, take a moment to ensure your dehydration isn't a result of your lifestyle choices. The top offenders?
- Not drinking enough water: aim for 8 glasses a day, minimum.
- Environmental factors: heating, air conditioning, pollution and excessive skin exposure can all dry out your skin.
- Consuming alcohol, even 2 standard drinks can impact your skin health!
- Stress, which in this climate, we're all feeling.
- Dietary imbalances and medications can show up on your skin.
On top of those common concerns, if you are using harsh beauty products filled with nasty chemicals, they will strip your skin of your naturally occurring oils. Squalene is an oil we all need to hydrate and as we age, we stop producing as much. Our Olive Skin Serum is made from olive squalene. This works to deliver an instant dose of hydration and nourishment to your skin.
Use it to hydrate and minimise the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
Rashes, Itching, Bites
We all get the odd rash or itch. Sometimes these skin concerns are from bites and other times, a skin concern, like psoriasis, is the culprit.
Our Phytoseptic Anti Fungal Skin Cream is a natural multi-purpose skin cream that's an antiseptic as well as an anti-inflammatory cream. It's a must-have for any family first aid kit.
It works on minor fungal skin rashes, cuts, wounds and more. Just one application will relieve some of the symptoms, redness and irritation on the skin.
Use it if you have athletes foot, ringworm, thrush, minor rashes, wounds, abrasions and boils.
Acne and Blemish-Prone Skin
Acne Vulgaris is a common skin disease characterised by patches of scaly red skin (seborrhea), pimples (pustules) and blackheads or whiteheads (comedones). Acne is usually present in oilier skin types. Acne usually affects the face, upper chest and back.
Natural solutions for acne include:
- Keeping a healthy diet free of sugar and processed foods
- Minimise alcohol and increase water intake
- Use natural products which don't aggravate the skin
Our Rescue Acne Cream has a 99% kill factor and has been developed to spot treat acne-prone skin. This blemish buster is meticulously formulated with the natural plant active ingredient Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis). Gentle on your skin, the Rescue Acne Cream offers soothing relief of red irritated lesions without aggravating the surrounding healthy tissue.
Simply apply it to affected areas twice-daily after cleansing.
Lines and Wrinkles
Unwanted lines and wrinkles show up uninvited. Wrinkles are a natural part of your ageing process. It's a result of decreased collagen production. Collagen is a natural hormone which keeps your skin firm. While there's nothing you can do to decrease the aging process, there are things you can do to protect your skin.
You can minimise the appearance of lines and wrinkles by:
- Stay sun-safe, the sun will age your skin quicker than anything else!
- Keep a healthy diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Exercise to keep your heart and skin healthy.
- Minimise alcohol consumption and increase water intake.
- Reduce sugar as it decreases collagen production.