Still struggling with scaly skin? Here are our dry skin care tips to help you say goodbye to scaly skin. Over the past ten weeks, it's been Botáni's mission to help you combat a skin condition I struggled with (notice the past tense) for as long as I can remember. Dry skin. "Used to struggle with", you may be saying, "nice for some!" you may huff and puff. Trust me, if I can get rid of dry skin anyone can!
How To Avoid Scaly SkinThe scaly skin had always been second nature to me, much like a reptile. From cracked palms and painfully cracked heels to a flaky forehead, itchy eyebrows and chapped lips, whenever the weather got slightly cooler, I'd anxiously await the onset of dry skin. Thankfully this winter I've shed my dry skin, much like a snake, and now awake every day to skin that's silky soft instead of scratchy like sandpaper. How did I do it?
- Avoid hot showers and baths which force our sebaceous glands to close.
- Only use cream based cleansers and moisturisers darling.
- Pay attention to your pH balance in more than just my fish tank.
- Swap sitting next to the heater for rugging up in winter woollies.
- Exfoliation has become my new favourite obsession!
- Say a resounding no to rays from the sun.
- Cleanse and hydrate at night, regardless of what time I get home.
- Realised that you, and your skin, indeed you are what you eat.
- Conquered my fear of water.
- Understand hormones are responsible for more than falling in love!