Could audiobooks improve your skin health? Interesting question and as much as I love snuggling into bed with a good book, in reality, I very rarely get to do this. At the end of the day after working, picking up kids, then feeding, bathing and putting them to bed, repeat putting them to bed about six times, cooking another meal for my husband and myself, then trying to get the house into some "respectable order" for the next day. I can barely get through half a page of a book. But when I read about the idea of listening to audiobooks and podcasts on the way to work, I thought what a brilliant idea!! I can make better use of my time while stuck in traffic and get to catch up on some great books. I've now been an avid listener for well over three years.
Could Audiobooks Improve Your Skin Health
I did an interview recently with News Media about how I utilise my commute to work to listen to audiobooks and podcasts to overcome the frustrations of traffic and reduce the stress you can read the article here. It coincided with a recent study conducted by Audible which revealed that people who listened to audiobooks had reduced stress levels. We know how stress can impact the health of your skin, so I think it makes complete sense to incorporate some audiobook time into your daily routine as part of a holistic practice to reduce stress and maintain healthy skin!
Twelve Reasons To Listen To Audiobooks
- Makes the time in transit more enjoyable by listening to something more meaningful than commercial radio.
- You get to choose what you listen to rather than be dictated to by the radio. There is a library at your fingertips.
- It makes the time goes faster.
- You won't get frustrated with the peak hour traffic or fellow commuters.
- By managing the stress of your daily commute, this will have benefits in other areas of your life, including your general health and well-being and even your skin health.
- That boring transit time in the car/ train/ bus/ tram is now precious "me" time, which as any parent can appreciate, can be very hard to find.
- Feel like you've been productive before you even sat down at your desk for the day.
- Find fantastic content which is motivating and uplifting and will help you maintain a positive mindset.
- Learn about new things and broadening your knowledge.
- You'll feel calmer and less frazzled when you arrive at your destination.
- You can finally get to those books you've wanted to read for the last five years.
- You'll be the first to get through their book at book club. Who says you need 'read' the book? Listening is also a valid method.
I love listening to content on health, wellness and personal development, but you could do anything from the latest fiction, old classics, learning a language or the newest TEDtalks.
Here are my top picks you might like to check out.
The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein Master Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini The Success Principles by Jack Canfield Think and Grown Rich by Pam Grout 50 Ways to YAY! by Alexi Panos A Course In Miracles by Dr Helen Schucman Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life by Dr Wayne W Dyer Kundalini Meditations by Harijiwan Khalsa The 4- Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
Power in a Half Hour with Coach Mark The Mindful Kind with Rachel Kable Awaken Radio with Connie Chapman The Sean Croxton Sessions The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes Think Believe and Manifest with Constance Arnold TED Talks - Health
Loving audiobooks & podcasts too? Let me know what you enjoy.
This week we are offering you the chance to win one of our most popular Cleanse, Treat, Hydrate product combinations. Our Skin Rescue Kit ($59.95) which contains our Purify Facial Cleanser, Boost Balancing Moisturiser and our Rescue Acne Cream.
How To Enter
- You must be signed up to our newsletter (if you are not already you can signup here).
- Follow us on Instagram @botaniskincare.
- Follow us on Facebook /botaniskincare.
- And leave a comment below this post.
- You can enter only once.
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Winner will be drawn at random and contacted via email (provided when you subscribe) and Facebook.
- Competition closes Thursday 17 November 2016 at 5 pm (EST).
- Winner announced Friday 18 November 2016.